What does White Padlock in Google Chrome Mean?

0 votes
asked Sep 28, 2016 in Sci & Tech by dr.swami (2,370 points)
After Update the new Google Chrome in my Android Phone I noticed that some of websites like Facebook showing white padlock (lock) in the address. I am really confused that what does White Padlock in Google Chrome Mean? Is it still safe to use the website with white padlock

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Sep 28, 2016 by isrgask (4,930 points)

Best answer
Whenever you visit a website which uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Certificate your browser most probably shows a small padlock with the URL in the address bar.

All the SSL certificate are safe until it does not show icons with warnings, indicated by exclamation and cross sign or the padlock in red and yellow in colour.

Google Chrome recently started showing White Padlock which means that the content of the website which you are visiting is showing contents from multiple domains or the same SSL Certificate is used by multiple-domains.

Such SSL Certificate is known as the Universal SSL, Flexible SSL and Multi-domain SSL Certificate.
Welcome to Isrg Rajan Forum, be it Sci-Tech, Programming, LifeStyle, Society or anything else Isrg Rajan Ask is always live to answer everything all you need to raise your query here

Advertisement