Online marketing refers to technique used for marketing and advertising using internet to deliver promotional marketing messages through Web and email to drive direct sales via electronic commerce. It is the easiest way available to a business to communicate to a large number of people to promote a product or service on World Wide Web. Online marketing is also known as Internet marketing.
Today, world attention is focused on internet; people of all ages, background, ethnic and social status are using internet in one way or the other. Online marketing promotes products and services through internet. Some of the benefits of Online marketing are:
- Global Reach: Online marketing helps business owners and marketers to get their product and services across the world. By marketing on the Internet, they can overcome barriers of distance and can sell goods in any part of the country without setting up local outlets, widening your target market.
- Low costs: Online Marketing reduces the expenses and can reach to the large audiences at a fraction of traditional advertising budgets. You might start blog marketing, social media marketing, and email marketing with less investment compared to traditional marketing.
- Flexibility and convenience: It becomes easy for the Consumers to research and purchase products and services at their leisure.
- Multitasking: One of the major advantages of online marketing is its ability to attend millions of customers and consumers simultaneously.
- Relationships: The Internet acts as an important platform for building relationships with customers. When a customer purchase any product from your online store, you can start up the relationship by sending a follow-up email. Emailing customers regularly with offers helps to maintain the relationship for the long term.
- Time effective: Internet marketing is fast and easiest way to start.
- Demographic targeting: Online Marketing helps to target Consumers demographically in a more effectively manner rather than an offline process.
Online Marketers use several types of marketing strategies. Here is a list of some simple, effective and most popular types of internet marketing techniques:
- Search Engine Marketing: It improves the ranking of a website or a web page. The higher a page ranks, the more visible it is, and therefore will receive more traffic.
- Email marketing: It is a great way to maintain relationships with consumers and inform about your product and services.
- Social media marketing: Social Media promotes the product or service via social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
- Web Banner advertising: Web banners are graphical ads displayed within a web page.