Updated on: 31st Dec. 2019
Isrg KB Contributor Guidelines for the copywriters, editors, reviewers, interns and contributors for writing better and quality articles. This document also includes the information and the instructions on formatting articles, using images in the article, payment information and timeframes etc.
Content on this page
- 1. Overview- Instructions
- 2. Use of images
- 3. Payment
- 4. Payment Calculation & Deduction
- 5. Timeframes
- 6. Understanding Content Ownership
- 7. Account suspension policy
Currently, at Isrg KB you can write articles in English and Hindi where Hinglish or any other regional languages is not permitted. You can either write articles on your own topics after getting it approved from Isrg Article manager or on the topics pre-issued by Isrg KB editors team after claiming the topic at the Isrg Article manager.
At the moment you can write articles on the topics based on Lifestyle, Education, Entertainment, Socio-Culture, Sci-Technology, Gadgets, How To, News & Updates, Politics, Travels, Relationship, Health and Best Top things etc.
Isrg KB allows you to write articles on your own topics. Still, before writing an article, you need to get the topic approved at Isrg Article manager- alternative to this you can write articles on the topics pre-issued by Isrg KB editors which we highly recommend as it has a higher rate of payment per article as compared to the payments for your own topics.
- Make sure that there are no similar article published on the same topic at Isrg KB using Isrg KB Search
- The topic of your article should start with “What”, “Who”, “Where”, “When”, “Why”, “How”, “Best” and “Top” etc.
- Length of your topic should not be less than 35 characters or exceed 70 characters including spaces and special characters
At Isrg KB articles based on the following topics are not permitted:
- Articles based on your life, family, friend, school and college
- Articles with conflict of interest (COI)
- Personally written poems, quotations and short stories and memes
- Articlesasking users to download things with affiliated links
- Articles that link to other blogs and website which may have a conflict of interest
- Outdated topics that are covered in detail on the third-party websites
- Articles covered in detail on the third-party websites, news and books
Your article shall follow a standard format as defined below:
- Paragraph 1- Introduction or the Overview of the topic
- Paragraph 2- Specify the things you would be covering in your article
- The main content of your article with well-specified sub-headings (an example is here)
- Do not thanks or include any personal message or greetings for the reader at the end of your article
- Do not start your article with personal greetings such as “Hi”, “Hello” or any quotations
The recommended size and the length of the article is at least 1000 word where for the interns and the pre-issued topics by Isrg KB editors is minimum 700 words until it is not specified in the description of the topic at the Isrg Article manager.
2. Use of images
We highly recommend you to use appropriate images and photos in your articles, but you should also ensure the following points:
- The image should not be copyrighted
- The image should not have any watermark, copyright or trademark tag or logo
- The image should not be depicting any offensive activity, act or the images not be suitable for the audiences of the age 12
- The image should be renamed according to the subheading wherever it needs to be used
- The Image shall be cropped and compressed to 750×430 pixels from https://isrg.me/crop
- The image shall only be of JPG type
- The image shall not be of low resolution or quality
- Your own or your family, friends and relatives selfies and photographs
- Photos that are not relevant to the content of the article
The payment for each article published on the website is based on the word limit for the topics pre-issued by Isrg KB editors as specified in detail on Isrg KB joining page. Whereas, the payment for the articles based on your own topics is minimum Rs. 60, which can be increased by the reviewer at the time of reviewing and publishing your article.
You can request for the payment, i.e. withdrawal of the earned money after reaching the required threshold of the numbers of articles (i.e. minimum 5 articles) between 21st-27th of every month through any of the following modes of the payment:
- NEFT/RTGS and Net Banking
- Cash/ Cheque (available for Delhi based editors with a minimum payout of Rs. 500)
- PayPal (available for the foreign non-India editors)
Isrg KB reviewers are instructed to give the bonus for the extraordinary, well written and well-formatted articles from time to time in the form of the percentage for each article.
Apart from the bonuses given for the extraordinary articles, the bonus may also be given for the:
- Special events, celebrations and announcements made at Isrg Article manager
- Threshold (as specified in below table)
|Minimum Article||Bonus||Total Payout|
What is the threshold? Threshold defines the minimum numbers of articles required to request for the payment. Though you can request for the payment after writing minimum 5 articles but for the editors who request for the payment after writing 10, 20, 40 or 60 articles they are given additional bonus as specified in the above table.
Payment deduction is very rare at Isrg KB, but for the repetitive mistakes committed even after several reminders, the reviewer may deduct some amount or percentage from the payment for per article as specified below:
We always advise editors to check the grammatical, typo and spelling errors from gingersoftware.com/grammarcheck and in addition to that shorthand, i.e. short-cuts should be avoided for the uncommon words.
5% of the Payment for Per Article (PPA) will be deducted if there are more than three grammatical, typo, spelling error or even for the shorthand uses.
Categories and tags are used to organise the contents at Isrg KB, and if the Categories and Tags are missing your article may not be viewable to the regular readers at Isrg KB. We always advise our editors to choose the most suitable category and use the appropriate tags for their articles.
If the Category or Tag (both or either anyone) is missing 3% of the Payment for Per Article (PPA) will be deducted.
Featured Image is mandatory for every article that you write. The featured image should be attractive, optimised and watermark-free.
In addition to that, the featured image should be of 750x430px which can be easily resized from isrg.me/crop
If the featured image is not valid or missing 3% of the Payment for Per Article (PPA) will be deducted
There is a 100% deduction of the Payment for Per Article (PPA) if there is plagiarism or Cut-Copy Paste (CCP) violation. In the case of multiple Plagiarism and CCP violation, the account of the editor may be banned, and all the earnings may be nullified.
Use of images in the articles is highly appreciated, though there are topics which may not require any images such as news, trending topics, philosophical topics etc. where articles based on top things, places, personalities, Sci-Tech and Movies etc. require images.
While using images always ensure the following things:
- Images used in the article should be centrally aligned
- Images should of 740×430 in size (you can be resized in bulk from isrg.me/crop)
- All the images used in the article should be of the same size (you can be resized in bulk from birme.net)
- There should not be any watermark on the images
- While uploading images, it should be ensured that Title, Alt Text and Description of the image should not be left empty (Note: Caption is optional).
There is 4% deduction of the Payment for Per Article (PPA) over the violation of the either of the points under Images section.
We would like to re-mention that payment deduction is very rare, but avoiding these mistakes will give you a 100% payment as mentioned at Isrg KB joining page.
This section defines the minimum deadlines for various process on Isrg KB
- Approval or rejection of the application for the contributor account at Isrg KB:- 24-48 hours
- Approval or denial of Identity verification: 24 hours
- Approval or rejection of the topic: 24-48 hours
- Article approval, denial, review: 7 working days
- Account restoration: 48 hours
The above-defined timeframe may increase or decrease depending upon the backlogs and content length, quality etc. And for the processes which are not denied has a timeline of 7 days.
ISRG KB AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES RESERVES ALL THE COPYRIGHTS OF THE CONTENTS CONTRIBUTED, UPLOADED, SHARED, DISTRIBUTED AND AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE AND OTHER PLATFORMS IN ANY FORM WHETHER IT’S TEXTUAL, IMAGERY, ANIMATION, AUDIO, VIDEO AND COMPUTER CODE ETC. ISRG KB FURTHER RESERVES THE RIGHTS TO ALTER, I.E. MODIFY, ADD, REMOVE AND TRANSFER OWNERSHIP WITHOUT ANY PRIOR NOTICES OR INTIMATION.
w.e.f 2019 editors, contributors and interns are required to submit the verification request in order to continue using Isrg KB. In addition to the account verification, Isrg KB has announced several other policies and failing to any of these may lead to temporary or permanent suspension of the account:
- Inactive accounts for a period of 30 days
- Unverified accounts inactive for a period of 15 days
- Suspicious accounts with the security breach etc.
Join Isrg KB Now as an editor and contributor.