Contribution Guidelines for Writing Articles
Updated on: 06 Sept. 2019
Welcome to Isrg KB Contributor Guideline and Introduction Center. In this article, we have included the details, instructions, and payment information for contributing, i.e. — writing articles at Isrg KB.
Content of the page
- 1. Introduction for Writing
- 2. Blunders to be avoided
- 3. Use of images
- 4. Payment
At Isrg KB you can contribute an article in Hindi or English or both the languages. While writing an article, do ensure the following points-
- Avoid copy-paste
- Avoid translation from other languages
- Avoid the use of offensive and uncultured tone and language
The team of the editors will give the topic of the articles at “Topic Request Manager” on which you can write articles you can request your topic which you think that it can be useful to the readers and after approval, you can contribute at Isrg KB. We publish articles on a variety of topics which include Education, Gadgets, How-To, Tutorials, Guidelines, Trending News, about Relationship, Places to travel and hang out and Best Top things etc.
The topic of your article should be self-descriptive and should be at least 40-70 characters. The topic of the article may include the word phrases like “How to”, “where to”, “here are” and “these are” etc.
- What are you writing?
- Why are you writing?
- Is it answering all the questions that may come in the reader’s mind?
At Isrg KB, we have restricted specific topics, which include :
- Articles based on your life or your family
- Articles with Conflict of Interest (COI)
- Personally written Poems, Quotes and Short-stories
- Articles that are asking users to download things with affiliated links
- Articles that link to other blogs and website which may have a conflict of interest
- Outdated topics that are covered in detail on other websites such as Wikipedia etc.
- Articles that are covered in detail on third party websites
Your article should contain at least 700 words (w.e.f 13/01/2018)
which do not include the common words. In addition to that articles based on certain numeric items and list of things including products, features, services, books, phones, personality and places etc. should have at least ten items/list with at least 4-5 lines of description.
At Isrg KB there is no as such restrictions on the format of your article, but we always advise to use a standard format for writing articles. The standard format includes the following things :
- Paragraph 1 — Introduction of your topic or the article
- Paragraph 2 — Details on the things that you have covered in the topic
- Content of your article
1.6 Article Selection & Approval
W.e.f 25th Jan 2018, we’d started providing the topics for writing articles in addition to that the editors can request their own topic from https://www.isrgrajan.com/topics which subject to approval. During the topic approval process, we evaluate various things:
- The uniqueness of the topic
- Feasibility and durability
- Readership and targeted audiences
2. Use of images
Use of images in the article is appreciated, but on the other hand, you should be careful while selecting the images. You should ensure these points:
- The image should not be copyrighted
- The image should not have any watermark
- The image should not be depicting any offensive activity which may not be suitable audiences below the age of 12
“Blunder” may not be the right word to define the common mistakes that most of the newly joined editors commit, but here are the things of which you have to be careful:
- Avoid being too friendly and use of the following phrases:
- “Hi! it’s me.”
- “Hello! there it’s me.”
- “Hi! it’s me again” … and so on…
- Use of too low or high-resolution pictures
- Do not use pictures measures less than 600×300 pixels or more than 1000x600pixles
- Blurred Images
- Avoid the use of unnecessary formats as italic, underline and CAPITALIZED sentences
At Isrg KB, we have restricted certain categories of images, which include :
- Your own selfie and photographs
- Photos of your family members that do not relate with the article
The payment for a per article is Rupees 30 minimum and maximum is Rs. 200. The Editors can request for the payment between 21st to 27th of every month after the minimum required articles, i.e. 5 get published. In addition to that editors can hold the payment for up to 10, 20, 40 or 60 articles for which they get an extra benefit, i.e. bonus as given below:
|S. No.||Word Limit||Payment Per Article|
Bonus and Threshold
|Minimum Article||Bonus||Total Payout|
There cases when the editors have written more than the minimum required articles (i.e. 5), but less than the threshold, in that case, the editors will be paid as per the Threshold+Payment Per Article for every additional article.
The payment will be credited to the editors’ Isrg account soon after the article gets approved and published. The editors can withdraw the payment from their Isrg account.
Payment Calculation & Deduction
There is the provision of payment deduction for every extra effort that you miss-out while writing the articles at Isrg KB that we’ve listed below. Avoiding these mistakes will give you a 100% payment, as mentioned above in the payment chart.
There is no payment deduction if the title is short, subtitle or excerpt is missing, but if there are following issues with your article, the payment will be deducted as per the payment deduction policy.
1. Grammatical, Typo, Spelling and Shorthand
We always advise editors to check the grammatical, typo and spelling errors from gingersoftware.com/grammarcheck and in addition to that shorthand, i.e. short-cuts should be avoided for the uncommon words.
5% of the Payment for Per Article (PPA) will be deducted if there are more than three grammatical, typo, spelling error or even for the shorthand uses.
2. Categories and Tags
Categories and tags are used to organise the contents at Isrg KB, and if the Categories and Tags are missing your article may not be viewable to the regular readers at Isrg KB. We always advise our editors to choose the most suitable category and use the appropriate tags for their articles.
If the Category or Tag (both or either anyone) is missing 3% of the Payment for Per Article (PPA) will be deducted.
3. Featured Image
Featured Image is mandatory for every article that you write. The featured image should be attractive, optimised and watermark-free.
In addition to that, the featured image should be at least of 750x430px and should not be more than 1000x600px. Editors can resize the images from birme.net
If the featured image is not valid or missing 3% of the Payment for Per Article (PPA) will be deducted.
Use of images in the articles is highly appreciated, though there are topics which may not require any images such as news, trending topics, philosophical topics etc. where articles based on top things, places, personalities, Sci-Tech and Movies etc. require images.
While using images always ensure the following things:
- Images used in the article should be centrally aligned
- Images should not be less than 600x300px or more than 1000x600px in size (you can resize in bulk from birme.net)
- All the images used in the article should be of the same size (you can resize in bulk from birme.net)
- There should not be any watermark on the images
- While uploading images, it should be ensured that Title, Alt Text and Description of the image should not be left empty (Note: Caption is optional).
There is 4% deduction of the Payment for Per Article (PPA) over the violation of the either of the points under Images section.
Plagiarism and CCP
There is a 100% deduction of the Payment for Per Article (PPA) if there is plagiarism or Cut-Copy Paste (CCP) violation. In the case of multiple Plagiarism and CCP violation, the account of the editor may be banned, and all the earnings may be nullified.
This section defines the minimum timeframes for various process on Isrg KB
- Approval or rejection of the application for the contributor account at Isrg KB:- 24-48 hours
- Approval or rejection of Identity verification: 24 hours
- Approval or rejection of the topic: 24-48 hours
- Article approval, rejection, review: 7 working days
- Account restoration: 48 hours
The above-defined timeframe may increase or decrease depending upon the backlogs and content length, quality etc. And for the processes which are not denied has a timeframe of 7 days.
Join Isrg KB Now as an editor and contributor.