You can even host your static website with your custom domain name at Google Firebase which offers free SSL Certificate as well. I’ve already written an article on How to Host a website for free with Google Firebase so, I am not going to mention here the same again.
Google Firebase is very easy to use, but in other hand it lacks basic features such as pull code or the download code for the synchronization. In this article I’ve listed the two ways to download your previously uploaded files on Google Firebase Hosting if in case you have lost you data stored locally on your computer.
Here are the two ways to download the website and the files hosting on the Google Firebase:
1. Downloading Website using HTTrack
You can download your website using the HTTrack software which enables users to download any website. HTTrack is available for free to download and is known as the website copier.
To download your website hosted on Firebase using HTTrack :
- Download HTTrack from httrack.com
- Install the HTTrack
- After installing the HTTrack open it and configure the settings
- Enter your firebase URL and follow the instructions to download the website.
- It will only download the files that are linked with your home page directly/ or indirectly.
- It cannot download the files which are not linked from your homepage or any other page which is not linked with your homepage
- It will change the hyperlinks of the pages to locally as per your download directory
Now, what if you have hosted a bulk of files and the names or the URL of files are unknown ? Well, the next step will guide you in downloading the files whose names or the URL is not known.
2. Downloading Firebase Hosted files Manually
There is a mindstroming solution which I call it downloading the file manually. In this method first we will find the names of the files hosted on your Firebase using the Firebase CLI.
To download the files manually from Firebase Hosting :
- Download and install the Node.js
- Download the firebase tools using following command in Node.js CLI :
npm install -g firebase-tools
- Login into your Firebase account using following command :
- Initialize your project using the firebase init command
- Now to find the names of the files that you have uploaded on Google Firebase run the following command :
firebase deploy --debug
Firebase deploy –debug command will generate debugging code which will include the list of the files that you have uploaded with other relevant and useful information.
Now, to download the files you can follow these steps :
- Prepare a list of the names of the files from the debugging console screen.
- Include the full URL of your firebase project URL or your domain name if in case you have used custom domain name with your Firebase hosting account infront of every file names that you have listed.
- Now download the files manually using your web browser or wget command if in case your are using Linux/UNIX operating system