Aadhar or Aadhaar Card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) in the password-protected PDF (Portable Document Format) file. Once you apply for the Aadhar card, and it gets generated the UIADI gives you the facility to download the Aadhar card online from the official website of the UIADI Aadhar card which you can print, send to your others and upload to the other websites which may be asking for the Aadhar card or ID and address proof. These websites could be your University, college, Govt. recruitment sites or any other agencies website.
The problem with the digital or the soft copy of the Aadhar card issued by the UIDAI Online is it comes Password Protected where the Password is your 6-digit Postal Area PIN Code. Nevertheless, there is no problem in printing the Aadhar Card despite it is Password protected since you can enter the password manually and can take the print-outs. Still, when it comes to sending to others and uploading it online, you cannot send with Password Protection since it won’t be readable or accessible to the beneficiary or the receptionist.
In this article, we will learn to remove the password from the Aadhar card PDF file without installing any software as well as by using a third-party website, and that’s fully online.
The three easiest methods to remove the password from the Aadhar Card PDF file are as the following:
- Remove the Aadhar card PDF password Online.
- Remove the Aadhar card PDF password off-line using Google Chrome (using Laptop or PC)
- Capturing Screenshot
How to remove the password from Aadhar Card PDF Online?
To remove the password from your Aadhar card PDF file online:
- Download your Aadhar card from the official website of UHID.
- Go to ilovepdf.com/unlock_pdf
- Click on “Select PDF file”.
- Upload/select the Aadhar Card PDF file and wait until uploading finishes.
- Enter your Aadhar card password when “Some files require password” message is prompted and click on the “Send” button.
How to remove the password from Aadhar Card PDF File using Google Chrome?
To remove the password from the Aadhar Card pdf file:
- Open the Google Chrome (download from here if not installed).
Ctrl+O(it’s not zero!) key to open the Aadhar PDF file that you have downloaded.
- Select the PDF file of the Aadhar Card and click on the “Open” button.
Removing Aadhar Card password by taking a screenshot
Though using this method the high-quality image may not be captured, but if you need it for quick reference or uploading on any website then you may opt for this method, to remove the password from the Aadhar Card pdf file:
- If you are using Android or iPhone, you can download Adobe PDF reader or Google PDF from Play Store/App store or in case of PC you can simply use the
PrtSckey for capturing the screenshot.
- Once you’ve downloaded the PDF reader, open your Aadhar PDF and enter your Aadhar card password.
- Align and adjust the PDF by zooming-in and zooming-out.
- Press the screen capture hotkey (iPhone users can use Power+Home with the home button and the users without home button can use Power+Volume UP, whereas Android user can use Volume down+Power key)
Once you’ve captured the screenshot you can edit and modify it as per your requirement.
What is the password of e-Aadhaar?
- Enter the Password (Your 6-digit area postal PIN Code for the old system and for the new Aadhaar card the password is your first 4-character of your name and date of the year.
Example: If you are name is Ravi Kumar, and your Date of birth is 29/12/1993, then your password will be RAVI1993) and click on the Submit button or press the Enter key.
- Once your Aadhar Card gets opened, Press the
Ctrl+Pkey to get the Print page.
- On the Print page, click on the Change button located on the left side of the page.
- And in the Select a Destination window, select Save as PDF option.
- Now, click on the Save button located on the left side of the page.
Well, you have just learnt to remove the password from the Aadhar card PDF file. Alternative, to Google Chrome you can also use the Mozilla Firefox.