Christmas! New Year! All gone in 2 weeks. Now you are left with a whole year full of responsibility, workload and paying bills. Post-holiday depression is unbearable but not immortal. Do you want to know how to beat post-holiday depression? Or how to overcome post-vacation blues? Then you should read this article.
We all wait for the holidays. Holidays give us family time and relaxation. Moreover, the holidays give us time to breathe. Therefore, getting over holiday mood is quite depressing.
Find below 10 easy tips to tackle post-holiday blues.
1. Warm-up- You do not want to feel sudden pressure from all the sides. So, get yourself warmed up two days before your holiday ends. Start doing little household or office work. Also, wake up early and try to be time-bound. Thus, getting prepared for your regular routine will pinch you less.
2. Workout to stay de-stressed- Trust me or not but exercise can help you to get out of any blues. It can even help you with your post-holiday blues. How? Exercise helps in to release a hormone which keeps you happy. You can run, walk, jump, do yoga or simply dance. All you need to do is to get your body moving. Thus, exercise regularly will keep your energised and chirpy the whole day.
3. Keep Yourself Busy- Idle mind can become the cause of your depression. So, once your holiday is over, keep yourself occupied the whole day. Thus, you will hardly get time to miss your holiday period and suffer from post-holiday blues.
4. Take Short Breaks- Post-holiday blues occur to those who remain overburdened with work. So, it is necessary to give yourself short breaks. You can take breaks during office hours for a healthy chat with your colleagues. Besides, you can also plan for a day off to spend time with your family and friends. Taking small breaks will not only get you relaxed but will also keep motivated.
5. Dream for Another Holiday- Holidays are great motivations. So, the best way to deal with post-holiday blues is to dream for another holiday. This way, you will work harder and look forward to that holiday. As you know time flies, so you will soon catch up with another holiday.
6. Stay connected with nature- Being present in nature make us feel refreshed and energised. Moreover, it even gets you out of your boredom. So, try taking a walk in nature or simply visiting a nearby park regularly can make you feel less disheartened after a vacation. So, try going out in open area whenever you get time.
7. Dress up often- Dressing up gives a feel-good feeling. Many of us spend the whole week at home. So, when it comes to going out, we just up at the idea of dressing up. Especially for girls, getting decked up for any occasion is a great pleasure. So, try dressing up at times even though you are not going out anywhere. No matter how strange it may sound, but eventually, it helps you to bear the post-vacation blues.
8. Spend more time with family and friends- Post vacation blues occur because you start missing your closed ones after a long holiday. So, make it a habit to spend quality time with your family. You can go out for dinners or even spend some quality time at home. Watching a movie together or having a chat over a cup of coffee is a great way to feel close to your family and friends.
9. Save money for holiday trips- Start saving money for long or short holiday trips. This will give you the confidence to plan your holiday trip. Thus it will encourage you to go for your next holiday. Moreover, it will also set your mind fixed on taking a holiday break every year.
10. Organise small get-together at home- Occasional parties at home will keep your mind engaged and happy throughout the year. Enjoying evenings with music and food with friends, colleagues and relatives will give you a significant boost. Thus, even though your long holiday is over, you will not feel depressed.
Post-holiday blues remind us that we all need a break from our busy schedule. So, it is a blessing in disguise. Therefore, you cannot ignore this feeling. Yet, you can tackle post-holiday blues correctly to remain inspired in life.