Blood Pressure is a pressure exerted on the walls of blood vessels by blood running through our body. This pressure is the force by which blood flows through blood vessels. Blood which acts as a medium to carry necessary minerals and other constituents to various parts of our body. To regulate the movement of blood, the heart is a main organ which fluctuates at regular intervals. Here in the heart, there exist two ports. Both ports work simultaneously while the heart is beating (In medical terms, beating of the heart is called heart beat). At every heart beat, heart contracts. At contraction, blood in heart is pushed out to arteries.
Contraction of heart to push blood out into the arteries in medical terms is called systole. This exerts pressure on the walls of arteries as it flows down the route. While flowing down, blood takes along with it necessary constituents such as various minerals down under. The vacuum created by one pushing of blood out of the heart is replaced with dirty blood that enters the heart. Entrance of dirty blood in the heart happens when due to the space created when the heart expands. Expansion mode can also be called diastole. And next pushing gets ready to be underway.
Blood pressure goes on beating when somebody organ malfunctions. Beating of blood pressure results in variable pressure on the walls of arteries. This variability is either in low or high range (low blood pressure or high blood pressure). A unit to measure blood pressure is mm Hg. During systole, blood pressure in normal range should be 120 mm Hg whereas during diastole, it needs to be at 80 mm Hg. For being called as normal blood pressure. Amalgamating systole and diastole figures, blood pressure can be written as 120/80
Blood pressure can be in two modes
- Low blood pressure.
- High blood pressure.
Let us now discuss both pressures in details
Low blood pressure
Low blood pressure happens when blood not in sufficient quantity is pumped out of the heart and into the arteries due to various reasons. Less blood released results in less pressure on blood vessels.
Symptoms Low blood pressure:
Symptoms that could pinpoint the presence of low blood pressure in a body include:
- Weakness in a body.
- Blurred vision.
- Rapid pulse rate.
- Weak pulse.
- Feeling thirstier.
- Pale skin.
Causes of low blood pressure:
Causes for low blood pressure could include the following:
- Sudden change in body position.
- Excessive stress.
- Parkinson disease
- Heart diseases.
- Sudden loss of blood.
- Exercise to extreme levels.
- Low blood sugar
- Weak veins.
Home remedies for treating low blood pressure
Let us take a look at some of the home remedies that can be very effective in raising your blood pressure by few permissible digits. There is a word of caution to have full advantage of these remedies and it is that remedies need to be taken with honesty. While practicing honesty here, there must be no ifs and buts. Following are few home remedies:
- I want water: This need is our saying that taking water, taking into consideration fact about streamlining blood pressure.
- Limit use of Alcohol: There should be limited use of Alcohol when our prime importance is to slightly raise our blood pressure to stipulated values. Limit use of it does not interfere with the normal functions of body organs, but heavy intake does put body at risk.
- Frequent use of shorter form of foods: Shorter form of goods means taking less food three times a day. Best is not to fill the bucket up to its fill. Keep some space in the bucket (tummy). Take refreshments between three food timings. This way stomach not being full does not work in its capacity. This will keep less blood flow through the stomach in short supplies letting the blood pressure to remain in steady ranges.
- Avoid moving out in extreme hot conditions: Moving in too hot a condition makes our body to sweat. This will make the body work harder producing more energy. Blood flowing through body exerts pressure on veins and arteries upsetting normal settings of blood pressure.
- Foods that have high Vitamin B: Foods that have high vitamin B can be taken as a remedial treatment for blood pressure.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure is the result of blood being pumped out of heart with more force. More force means more pressure exerted on blood vessels and on the walls of the arteries.
Symptoms for high blood pressure:
Signs that are beneficial for fixing an appointment with a doctor in case of high blood pressure are:
- Blurred vision.
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath.
Causes for high blood pressure:
Some of the causes of high blood pressure that if in control may not put the body at risk, but if goes to extremes can sometimes be life threatening
- Excess of salt in diet.
- Taking too much stress
- More Alcohol consumption.
- Being obese.
- Thyroid disorders.
- Obstruction in veins.
Home remedies for high blood pressure
- Limit use of Alcohol: There should be limited use of Alcohol when our prime importance is to lower our blood pressure to stipulated values. Limit use of it does not interfere with the normal functions of body organs, but heavy intake does put body at risk.
- Sodium intake to be lessened: Sodium should be taken in less quantity for getting better of high blood pressure. The worst part of sodium is that it reduces the ability of the kidneys to remove water, which is an essential part to reduce blood pressure
- Stress management: Learn to manage your stress. Take down the burden that stress may be having on your mind. This will streamline the blood flow. As blood streamlines, so is the turn off blood pressure to come to normal.
- Regular exercises: Make a scheduled schedule for your exercises. The exercises make your tired that pushes more blood through arteries. More blood pushed in removes blockages if present. Blocked arteries cleaned gives smooth passage to blood flow, which helps to normalize blood pressure.
- Reduce your waist: Look at your waist. So heavy! Try to reduce it by giving extra dosage of exercises. More exercises mean more sweat being released from the body which cuts down the fat in the body. Fat cutting gives blood to run down smoothly in veins.
Some Facts to remember:
- Blood pressure should stay within normal range of 120/80
- Blood pressure reads to be low when in general it can be written as 90/60.
- Apart from 90/60 reading, it can anywhere be recorded on the meter.
- High blood pressure reading starts when it starts rising above 120/90.
- Near normal is not serious, but needs extra care.
- Rising too high can even be life threatening.
- Falling too low is similarly life threatening.
- Blood pressure rises or fall down due to some deficiency in a body.
- Immediate medical attention need be advised.