Are Looking for DNS Server addresses for MTNL to speed up? Well, here are the Primary DNS — Preferred DNS: 126.96.36.199 and Secondary DNS — Alternate DNS: 188.8.131.52. See article for fastest DNS server address powered by Google and OpenDNS.
MTNL is one of the largest Public telecom company managed and operated by the Govt. of India, which is currently operational in New Delhi and Mumbai (Maharashtra).
Being one the largest telecom company in India, MTNL lacks a lot of essential features which include poor customer support to low internet connectivity issues and this could be due to — no new recruitment since a long span of time.
Slow Internet Connectivity is a prevalent issue in the customers using Mahanagar Telephone Nigam (MTNL) broadband services. In my last article “Increase MTNL Broadband Internet Speed Just in 3 Steps” I guided on how to increase the speed of MTNL broadband by changing the DNS Server Settings and Modem configurations and now in this article I’ve included the fasted DNS servers for MTNL which you can use to increase the MTNL broadband speed — which works with smartphones and PC.
MTNL DNS Servers
MTNL users can use the default MTNL DNS Server addresses. Still, it is not stable and most of the time users face connection time out and website unavailability errors where Google’s Free DNS Server addresses work like a charm with most of MTNL Subscribers in Delhi as well as in Mumbai.
1. MTNL’s default DNS server addresses:
Primary DNS — Preferred DNS: 184.108.40.206
Secondary DNS — Alternate DNS: 220.127.116.11
2. Google’s DNS Server for MTNL WiFi and Classic Modem Subscribers:
Google DNS Server (IPv4) for MTNL are
Primary DNS — Preferred DNS: 18.104.22.168
Secondary DNS — Alternate DNS: 22.214.171.124
Google DNS Server (IPv6) for MTNL are
Primary DNS — Preferred DNS: 2001:4860:4860::8888
Secondary DNS — Alternate DNS: 2001:4860:4860::8844
3. OpenDNS DNS Server for MTNL WiFi and Classic Modem Users:
OpenDNS IPv4 DNS Server for MTNL are:
Primary DNS — Preferred DNS: 126.96.36.199
Secondary DNS — Alternate DNS: 188.8.131.52
OpenDNS IPv6 DNS Server for MTNL are:
Primary DNS — Preferred DNS: 2620:119:35::35
Secondary DNS — Alternate DNS: 2620:119:53::53
4. Cloudflare Public DNS Servers
Cloudflare DNS for MTNL and BSNL users:
- For IPv4: 184.108.40.206 (Primary DNS) and 220.127.116.11 (Alternate DNS)
- For IPv6: 2606:4700:4700::1111 (Primary DNS) and 2606:4700:4700::1001 (Alternate DNS)
How to Change MTNL DNS Settings in Windows 7, 8 and 10?
To change DNS settings in Windows 7, 8 and 10: —
- Open run from Start or use Ctrl.+R shortcut key to open the run option
- In the run window type ncpa.cpl and click on the Ok button or press enter
- Right-click on the default connected Wi-Fi connection (in case of WLAN) or on the Ethernet connection in case of wired connection and select Properties option
- In the properties, window click on Networking tab and choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and click on Properties button
- Under the General tab select “Use the following DNS server addresses.“
- Once you have selected the “Use the following DNS server addresses” you will be able to use any of the DNS as mentioned above server addresses.
How to use MTNL DNS Server setting with Android Smartphone?
To change the DNS server in android for MTNL:
- Open Settings and select the “Wi-Fi” option.
- Enable the Wi-Fi if in case it is disabled
- Tap and hold the connected Wi-Fi connection for advance pop up option
- Select the Modify option from the pop-up menu
- Select “Advanced options.”
- Enter DNS1 and DNS2 respectively from the DNS mentioned above servers and tap on Save.