Are Looking for DNS Server addresses for MTNL to speed up? Well, here are the Primary DNS — Preferred DNS: 188.8.131.52 and Secondary DNS — Alternate DNS : 184.108.40.206. See article for fastest DNS server addressed powered by Google and OpenDNS.
MTNL is one of the largest Public telecom company managed and operated by the Govt. of India which is currently operational in New Delhi and Mumbai (Maharashtra).
Being one the largest telecom company in India, MTNL lacks a lot of basic features which include poor customer support to low internet connectivity issues and this could be due to — no new recruitment since a long span of time.
Slow Internet Connectivity is a very common issue in the customers using Mahanagar Telephone Nigam (MTNL) broadband services. In my last article “Increase MTNL Broadband Internet Speed Just in 3 Steps” I guided on how to increase the speed of MTNL broadband by changing the DNS Server Settings and Modem configurations and now in this article I’ve included the fasted DNS servers for MTNL which you can use to increase the MTNL broadband speed — which works with smartphones and PC.
MTNL DNS Servers
MTNL users can use the default MTNL DNS Server addresses, but it is not stable and most of time users faces connection time out and website unavailability errors where Google’s Free DNS Server addresses works as charm with most of MTNL Subscribers in Delhi as well as in Mumbai.
MTNL’s default DNS Server addresses:
Primary DNS — Preferred DNS: 220.127.116.11
Secondary DNS — Alternate DNS : 18.104.22.168
Google’s DNS Server for MTNL WiFi and Classic Modem Subscribers:
Primary DNS — Preferred DNS: 22.214.171.124
Secondary DNS — Alternate DNS : 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52
OpenDNS DNS Server for MTNL WiFi and Classic Modem Users:
Primary DNS — Preferred DNS: 184.108.40.206
Secondary DNS — Alternate DNS : 220.127.116.11
How to Change MTNL DNS Settings in Windows 7, 8 and 10?
In order to change DNS settings in Windows 7, 8 and 10 : —
- Open run from Start or use Ctrl.+R shortcut key to open the run option
- In the run window type ncpa.cpl and click on Ok button or press enter
- Right click on the default connected Wi-Fi connection (in case of WLAN) or on the Ethernet connection in case of wired connection and select Properties option
- In the properties window click on Networking tab and select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and click on Properties button
- Under the General tab select “Use the following DNS server addresses“
- Once you have selected the “Use the following DNS server addresses” you will be able to use any of the above mentioned DNS server addresses.
How to use MTNL DNS Server setting with Android Smartphone?
To change the DNS server in android for MTNL :
- Open Settings and select “Wi-Fi” option.
- Enable the Wi-Fi if in case it is disabled
- Tap and hold the connected Wi-Fi connection for advance pop up option
- Select the Modify option from the pop-up menu
- Select “Advanced options”
- Enter DNS 1 and DNS 2 respectively from the above mentioned DNS servers and tap on Save.