The central government sponsors the Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students to provide financial assistance to the OBC students who want to study post-matriculation or post-secondary stage to help and support them for their future or complete their education. This scholarship provides support to Indian students only. It is awarded by the state government or the Union Territory government where the student or the applicant initially belongs, which means the permanent residential state or the Union Territory of the applicant.
Eligibility criteria of the scheme
- The scholarship is given to Indian nationals who belong to OBCs(Other Backward Class) categories as mentioned and notified by the central government/Union Territory administration/state government.
- As the scheme’s name suggests, the scholarship is given to the people who want to pursue post-secondary and post-matric courses, i.e., supporting them to complete their education.
- The applicants who are Indian nationals and belong to the OBC category are only eligible to apply for this scheme. The applicants should have passed the Higher Secondary, Matriculation, or any other Higher secondary examination from the board of secondary education or any recognised university.
- The applicants who are willing to apply for the scheme but have completed their education in one line of the career, for example, BA LLB after B.Ed, will not be permitted or considered eligible for this scheme sponsored by the government of India.
- The applicants who are pursuing their education in class XI or Class XII of the Higher senior secondary school courses or the Multipurpose High School will not be able to enrol for this scheme as they do not fall under the eligibility criteria for this scheme.
- Students who are pursuing the Post-graduation program in medicines will be eligible for this scheme if they are not permitted to practice the course during the tenure of this course.
- The students/applicants whose annual income, along with their guardian and parent’s income, does not exceed Rs. 1.50 Lakhs will be considered as an eligible candidate for this scheme.
Valuation of the Scholarship
The scholarship will allow students to pay for Maintainance Allowance, Tour charges for study and will also be able to reimburse the compulsory non-refundable fee. The fees will also include tour charges for study and printing charges that make it easy for them to focus on their studies. The post-matric scholarship allows the students to get the book allowance who are pursuing correspondence courses for the entire time of their education period.
The evaluation process is essential for implementing the post-matric scholarship scheme performed by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment chooses a research team and entrusts them with the responsibility of the whole evaluation process. Reputed agencies and institutions complete the research process. The evaluation process is also based on schemes from various parts of the Ministry’s Ministry’s Plan of Research and Training.
The Ministry that chooses to monitor physical performance and financial performance implements scheme. These agencies also look for physical aspects by furnishing the quarterly progress reports of the no beneficiaries who have availed of the project. The financial statements are studied based on last year reports. The financial side of the monitoring process examines the pieces that are submitted are dependent upon the new audited accounts.
PROCEDURE OF APPLYING
The procedure to apply for the Post Matric Scholarship is also very user friendly and allows the applicant to finish the process quite quickly. The application process starts by prescribing an application copy of a scholarship defined by some confident state government or Union Territory when applying for the renewal or first time.
- The students trying to get the scholarship for the first time need to submit a passport size photograph and their signature on it.
- The copy (attested) of the applicant’s certificates, degrees, and diploma ( whichever is available and passed by the applicant), the applicant needs to get a caste certificate signed by a Revenue Officer who is not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- The applicant’s parents will need to declare the income, i.e. they have to display all the sources of their income through their respective employer and the affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
- The submission of the complete application is the last step of the whole scholarship process.
- The application is submitted to the head of the Institute.
The submitted application should also be addressed by the officer authorised by the Government of state or Union Territory.
Therefore, the government helps the people who are incapable of financing their education and preparing their youth by giving a helping hand to the students.