How to Copy and Delete files in Android Using Recovery Mode
After rooting my SCH-i589 I did several experiments with my cell phone and several times I faced problems like auto restart due to bad or missing files. One of the major problem with SCH-i589 and several other cell phones is that you will hardly find the ROM on Internet which could very panic and even can make your cell phone useless. So, here I have come up with smart trick that how you can delete or copy files using the Recovery mode.
Things you will need
- Root access permission (Rooted phone)
- PC either with Windows or MAC (it does not matter)
- SD Card
Before you being with any step you have to download META-INF.zip file and extract it. After extracting you will find two folders named, “META-INF” and “system“. Now follow the below instructions for one by one step towards what you want:
- Open the folder named “META-INF” which contains one folder named “com” and three files which are nothing but certificates.
- Using Notepad or Notepad++ edit “updater-script” file which is located inside com > google > android folder.
- The “update-script” contains following Recovery Mode Commands
ui_print("Copy or Paste");
ui_print(" For Android ");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
ui_print("Deleting old APKs...");
delete("/system/framework/framework-res.apk"); // add the file names including the path to delete it
ui_print("Copying new APKs...");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "umount", "/system");
- In order to copy the files you first need to save or copy the files under the system or any other folder you want.
- The system folder is located in the same folder which you extracted.
- After editing the update-script save it.
- Now again compress the file i.e. re-zip it.
- Copy the ZIP file in the SD Card under the root directory.
- Re-Boot the phone in the Recovery Mode (Google it you will find the method).
- Choose the option update or install from Recovery Mode you will find either apply update from sdcard or install zip from SD
- Locate the meta-inf.zip file and press the menu key/power key for copy or delete.
- Now Reboot the phone.
Hope it will help you.
Also See: Be careful while on free WiFi Network
Need Help? For instant and detailed answer ask your question at Isrg Forum