Whether you are a brilliant student or the backbenchers, you cannot predict results of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) as the results may surprise with backlog even in the last semester or after several attempts. In this article, we’ve discussed how to drop or request an exception in the backlog paper? When can you apply for the backlog exception or dropping the paper? What are the processes and the charges for filing a drop case for the backlog at IP University?
When can you file for a backlog drop application in GGSIPU?
Once the final results of the last semester of the course get declared on the official website, you can file the backlog drop application to the Controller of the Examination, GGSIPU main campus, Sector-16, Dwarka, New Delhi within 15 days from the date of the final result deceleration.
What are the documents required for filing backlog drop application?
- Self-attested two-photocopies of the student issued by the Institute/college along with the original for the verification.
- Two-photocopies of self-attested marksheet of all the semesters with college/institute stamp and sign of the deen/principal/director.
- If in case, the original marksheet isn’t available you can download the result from the official website of the university and attach the photocopy/printout after getting it self-attested and verified by the deen/principal/director of the college/institute with his stamp and signature on it (please highlight or encircle your result with a pen).
- Download and fill the Application of drop case for issuance of consolidated marksheet & provisional certificate/original degree.
- The application form should be self-attested by you and the deen/principal/director of the college/institute.
- The application fee should be paid in cash while submitting the form.
How many subjects can you drop?
IP University grants credit on passing every paper and depending upon the paper, and the credit may range from 2-4 per paper. Every student has to earn the minimum required credits to become eligible for the award of the degree.
For example, most of the 3 years undergraduate courses (like BBA, BCA, B.Com, B.Voc, and BA) you need to earn 150 credits out of 160 for the award of the degree which means you can drop 2 subjects with 4 credits each and 2 practicals with 2 credits each.
Pros and Cons of dropping the subject:
- On dropping the subject(s), the percentage will be affected as the percentage will be computed on the basis of all the subjects, but the marks of the dropped the subject (s) will not be included.
- Exempted will be written instead of the drop or 0 in the consolidated marksheet.
- You can take admission or job in any firm as it won’t affect your degree/marksheet.
- You can save your time instead of rewriting the paper again and again.
Do you have more questions related to this article? Please write to us at [email protected] with the subject “IPU Paper drop help,” and we will update this article with more questions and FAQs.