Complete Guidance for Delhi University UG Admission
Delhi University is a Central University managed and operated by the Central Government of India. University of Delhi is also a dream University for most of students across India, where getting admission in Delhi University seems to be more difficult than those Universities which offers admission on the basis of the merits of the entrance admission and such Universities include Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and Jamia Millia Islamia ( Central University) etc.
There are more than 80 colleges affiliated to the University of Delhi including the north campus, south campus, coed and girls/boys colleges. Here you can find the list of colleges affiliated to Delhi University with detailed information as a list of courses offered by these colleges, their address and contact details. We’ve also sorted the list of Girls (women) colleges affiliated to the University of Delhi.
Admission schedule & process in DU for UG Programmes
Admission to various undergraduate programmes in University of Delhi (DU) is offered on the basis of merit based on the percentage secured by the students in 10+2 in respected subjects. The University of Delhi also gives relaxation to the students belonging to the reserved categories which include ST, SC, OBC, PwD and Kashmiri Migrants.
The admission process include :
- Online / offline registration
- Payment of the registration fees
- Applying for the UG Programmes
- Submission of personal and educational details
- Release of the cut-off list
- Applying & informing in the opted colleges
Admission in Delhi University for various undergraduate programmes commence in the last week of May which last for until the closing of the registration.
Those who have failed to register within the time-frame, they will not be given admission in any circumstances as University of Delhi only grants admission to those students who have registered themselves with the University of Delhi in the allotted time of the registration.
As per the latest update from University of Delhi, admission in the following undergraduate programme has already started from May 22 2017 :
- Bachelor of Mannagement Studies (BMS)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
- B.A.(Hons.) Business Economics
- B.A. (Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports: B.Sc. (P.E., H.E. & S.)
- B.A. (Hons.) Multimedia and Mass Communication
- B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)
- B.A. (Hons.) Music
How to apply online for UG Programmes in Delhi University
To apply for the admission in University of Delhi for any undergraduate programme as specified above :
- Login to ug.du.ac.in/app/
- And on the left column click on the “New Registration” button or follow this link to open the form directly .
On the registration page you’ve to provide the basic details like your name (as mentioned on your 12th/10th marksheet), email, mobile and have to chose a strong password that have alphanumeric including special character and at least one character in upper and lowercase (both).
Once you have registered successfully, you maybe asked to verify your E-mail and Mobile number for which you’ll receive a verification e-mail from the University and an OTP on your Mobile. Just follow the instructions to verify your email and mobile number