How to upload Android app or Game on Samsung Galaxy Store?
Google Play store is doubtlessly a great place to host your Android apps or games. Still, there are cases when you want to upload your app to a third-party store other than Google Play store, which could be either due to Google has terminated your developer’s account or suspended your app. There are plenty of App stores where you can upload your Android app or game, whereas the most reliable and the popular one after Google Play store is Samsung Galaxy store.
In this article, we will learn to upload Android app or game on the Samsung Galaxy App store.
How to upload an Android app or Game on Samsung Galaxy Store?
1. To upload an app or game on Samsung Galaxy store, you need to sign up, i.e. register yourself as the developer at seller.samsungapps.com after that you will be able to upload, manage and sell your apps and games through Samsung Galaxy store.
Unlike, the Google play store which charges you $25 as the developer fee, the Samsung Galaxy store is free of cost which means you do not need to pay any fee as the developer registration on the Samsung Galaxy store.
Once you’ve successfully enrolled and verified your email address the next step is uploading your app or game on the store — wait a moment there is an issue with uploading apps or games on Galaxy store which we have discussed at the end of this article in troubleshooting.
2. Prepare your app or the game binary file (APK), required images (icons and screenshots), app title, i.e. app name and description.
3. Once you’ve prepared and ready with required images, APK and description etc. login to your Samsung Galaxy Store Seller Portal and click on the “Add new application” button.
4. Click on the “Android” to select as the application type from the pop.
5. Select the Default language from the drop-down menu and click the “Next>” button.
6. On the “Add new application” page, enter your application type and add the description.
7. Upload the app icon that will be visible to the users on the Galaxy store. The icon should be of PNG format and should exactly measure 512 X 512 pixels, and its size should not exceed 1 MB.
8. Add the screenshots of your app or the game which could be of PNG/JPEG format with Minimum 320 pixels and Maximum 3840 pixels.
9. Select the category for your application — wait there is an issue with this category selection which we have discussed below under troubleshooting.
10. Define the age restrictions as per the contents of your application.
11. Add languages supported by your app or the game.
12. Add the support e-mail and click on the “Save” button.
13. Scroll to the top of the page and click on Binary to upload APK of your game or the app.
14. Click on “Add binary” to upload your APK file.
15. In the pop-up window, click on “Check all” checkbox to select all the screen sizes, mark Google Mobile Service to No or Yes as per your requirement (mark “No” if you are using Google services in your app), click on “Upload” button to select and upload the APK file. Once the file has been successfully uploaded click on the “Save” button.
Troubleshooting — The registered binaries do not meet the category conditions for Galaxy Specials
You may encounter following error after clicking on the submit button:
To resolve the registered binaries do not meet the category conditions for Galaxy Specials issue, you need to add the following permissions to your manifest.xml file:
Once you have added the above permission to your app’s manifest.xml file, you will be successfully able to upload the app or game on the Samsung Galaxy app store. You can let us know if you are having any other issue in uploading the app, and we will assist you with the same.