There are many people around the world, having calcium deficiency. The people who are more affected by this problem are women specially after their 30’s. People who are not getting enough calcium from their diet face calcium deficiency. Calcium is an essential element in our body. It is specially important for our bones and teeth. Calcium deficiency is now a global problem. Proper calcium intake is much required in our body. The problem can be severe if not giving attention. Nowadays this problem is affecting many people because of poor diet.
How many people are affected from calcium deficiency?
- 7 out of 10 people are suffering from calcium deficiency in India.
Symptoms of Calcium Deficiency
- Tingling in fingers
- Muscle cramps
- Brittle nails
- Tooth decay
- Growth delay in children
- Easy fractures of bones
- Muscle weakness
- Chronic Itching
Who are at risk?
- Postmenopausal women
- Lactose Intolerant
- Poor diet
- Medications that reduce calcium absorption
- Hormonal changes in women
- Genetic factors
Who needs Calcium most?
- Pregnant women
- Growing children
- Women on birth control method
- Women who are going through menopause
Natural Calcium rich foods to fight with calcium deficiency
One needs proper diet to fight with calcium deficiency. If one gives proper attention on calcium rich diet, then the goal can be achieved in a few months. So here are some top calcium rich foods.
- Milk: Milk is the cheapest and convenient source of calcium. Having two glasses of milk everyday will do wonders for your body. Milk is good for your stronger bones and teeth. Milk is an essential supplement for growing children. It is essential for having milk every age group to avoid calcium deficiency.
- Cheese: Cheese is an excellent source of calcium intake. Having cheese in your diet can fulfil your calcium requirement in the body. It has several other benefits too. Everyone should include cheese in their diet. Adding cheese into your diet can give you immense benefits.
- Yoghurt: Yogurt is a rich food source of calcium. Adding yogurt in your diet can help you in fighting with calcium deficiency. It has several benefits. One should include yoghurt in its daily diet. Having calcium rich foods in your diet will help to move body functions smoothly.
- Sardine: Sardine has been just an excellent source of calcium. It is the best food to eat for your calcium requirements in your body. Making it a regular part of your diet can give you so much nutrients that includes calcium too. It is packed with so much of the nutrients. It is one of the richest food for calcium intake. One should have it at least twice a week.
- Salmon: Salmon is a super healthy choice for calcium intake. For a boost in calcium one should take salmon in its diet. It will help you to fight with calcium deficiency. It is also a great source of vitamin D. It will absorb calcium in the body.
- Beans:Beans are a great source of calcium and iron. Many common beans are high in calcium. One should include beans in its daily diet to avoid problems related to calcium deficiency. White beans have more calcium.
- Lentils:Lentils have a decent amount of calcium. Lentils are also high in protein, fiber and micro-nutrients. You can add to your daily diet for fulfilling calcium requirements. It will help you in fighting with calcium deficiency.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great source of calcium. It is the most bone healthy food. It keeps your bones healthy and strong. It has several other benefits too. Adding almonds to your daily diet can help you in fighting with calcium deficiency. Having almonds daily is good for your overall health.
- Oatmeal:Oatmeal is a great source of calcium. One cup of oatmeal can do wonders for your health. You can take oatmeal with or without milk. It also contains fiber and vitamins. It is good for your overall health. You can add it to your daily diet to avoid calcium deficiency.
- Orange juice:If you are looking for non dairy food sources of calcium because of lactose intolerance in the body, then you can have either raw oranges or juices. Oranges are not particularly for calcium if you like the taste of oranges then you can add to your diet for calcium requirement in the body.
- Broccoli: If you are vegetarian and don’t like dairy products for calcium intake then having broccoli in your diet can be a great option for calcium intake. Broccoli is rich in calcium. You can add it into your daily diet for strong and healthy bones.
- Spinach:Spinach is a good source of calcium. Although it is not calcium rich like dairy products, but it has more calcium in vegetables. For avoiding calcium deficiency, you can add one or two cups of spinach to your daily diet. You can take spinach either as a salad or cooked spinach. You can add into your curry’s too.
- Dried Figs:Dried figs are rich in calcium. If you don’t like dairy products for calcium intake then you can add dried figs into your diet. Dried figs are full of antioxidants, fiber and of course calcium too. You can take dried figs as a mid day snack. Adding this into your diet will help you to fight with calcium deficiency.
- Tofu: Tofu is rich in calcium. Just half a cup of tofu will give you enough calcium for your daily requirement. It is a great source of calcium. You can add into your daily diet to fight with calcium deficiency.
- Raisins: Raisins are a great source of calcium as well as iron. It tastes sweet. You can add it into your daily diet for calcium intake. It has immense benefits for health. It improves bone and dental health. It is good for your overall health. Raisins are dried grapes. It has fiber and nutrients too.
- Eggs:Eggs also contains calcium. You can add eggs to your daily diet for calcium intake. Taking eggs in your diet will help you to absorb calcium in your body from calcium rich foods. Taking calcium in your diet will help in bone and dental health. It improves your health and will help you to fight with calcium deficiency. Absorption of calcium in our body is necessary. So just taking calcium rich foods will not help you in calcium deficiency but also calcium absorption foods are as necessary to include in your diet.