The Migration Certificate is required to take admission from one university to another or move from one state to another either after competition of the course or in the middle of the course. A Migration Certificate in India is issued by the University or education board rather than your institute, college or school. The process of obtaining a migration certificate from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is online and offline both. W.e.f 16 March 2021 you can apply online for Issue of Corrected Marks Card/Consolidated Marks Card, Issue of Diploma Certificate, Issue of Duplicate Marks Cards, Issue of Marks Cards, Issue of Migration Certificate and Revaluation of Answer Scripts from edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in.
At Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, you can apply for the Migration Certificate (MC) ONLY AFTER COMPLETING your course, w.e.f 25 February 2021 and obtaining a migration certificate before or in the middle of the course/degree has been revoked. Prior to 25 February 2021, if you wanted to obtain a Migration Certification without completing a course, you’d to surrender your results by giving an undertaking duly signed and attested by the dean/principal/director of your last attend college/institute/department, but now it has been completely revoked.
Now it has been made compulsory and mandatory to get migration certificate application, copy of the original-degree/provisional-degree, marksheet(s)/consolidated-marksheet attested and stamped by the dean/principal/director of your last attend college/institute/department.
We want to re-mention again that the IPU will deny from accepting your migration application if the copy of the degree (original or provisional), marksheet (of all semesters or consolidated) and the application for migration certificate is not attested and stamped by the dean/principal/director of your last attend college/institute/department.
You can download the latest migration certificate application form that we have archived.
Documents required for applying for Migration Certificate in IPU:
The following documents are required to apply and obtain a migration certificate from GGSIPU:
- Original and a copy of the application for obtaining migration certificate mandatorily attested and stamped by the dean/principal/director of your last attend college/institute/department.
- Xerox copy of your degree (original or provisional) mandatorily attested and stamped by the dean/principal/director of your last attend college/institute/department.
- Xerox copies of your marksheet (all the semesters or consolidated) mandatorily attested and stamped by the dean/principal/director of your last attend college/institute/department.
- Original challan payment receipt (should be paid in the Bank of India branch located within the IPU campus premises, Dwarka).
- Evidence of requirement of Migration Certificate (you have to attach evidence of the requirement for the migration certificate, which could be the Prospector of your migrating university mentioning submission of migration certificate in order to take admission or a letter from the HOD of your migrating university or any other document of your migrating university which shows the requirement of the migration certificate in order to take the admission).
- Evidence of admission (you have to attach evidence of the admission of your migrating university in you have taken the admission; the evidence could be a fee slip or counselling/merit list/ admission confirmation/college/seat allotment letter or a letter from the HOD of your migrating university).
- An envelope needs to be submitted along with the migration application as the university will send the migration certificate directly to your migrating university by post.
- Self-attested Xerox copy of your Aadhaar card.
Process of applying for the Migration Certificate:
To apply for the Migration Certificate in IPU:
- Visit the IPU main campus and submit the prescribed fee of the migration certificate, i.e. Rs. 500 through challan at Bank of India branch situated within the IPU campus premises (located behind the boy’s hostel in the shopping complex building on the first floor).
- Attach the challan receipt and submit all the documents to the PRO office (located near the main entrance gate).
- The office remains open on all working days from 9 am to 4 pm, but Bank opens at 10 am, so visit it accordingly.
- Before visiting the university make sure to check any latest notification or guidelines on the same.
As per the new guidelines issued by the IP University, the Migration certificate will be sent through post to your migrating Universit or at your address that you can confirm at the time of submission of the application.