The Pragati Scholarship is an educational scholarship given by the government and implemented by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education). This scholarship guarantees support to the meritorious girls who are willing to pursue technical education. The winners under this scholarship are given an amount of ₹50,000 every year.
The amount disbursed every year for these girl students is used for technical education. This scheme was introduced in the year 2014-15 and has benefited thousands of girls in these 6 years, and it is still counting.
Some Important Facts of the Pragati Scholarship are:
Girl students who are admitted in the first year of the diploma program. If a girl student wants to apply for the Pragati Scholarship, she should be studying in an All India Council for Technical Education approved college or an institution.
The applicant must be in the 1st or the 2nd year of the technical course, degree, or diploma of an AICTE approved institution in the present year via a centralized process of admission of the state or the central Government.
Each family with two girl students can apply for the Pragati scholarship program. The income of the family should not be more than INR 8 Lakh per annum, and in case the girl student is married, the annual income of the in-laws or parents will be considered.
Girl students can apply between October – December. The application period can be increased or is subjected to change if the provider of the scholarship wants to.
AICTE allows the students to apply to submit the application through the Online portal of the National Scholarship Portal:-
- The new applicant needs to register on the National Scholarship Portal by clicking on the “New Registration” icon.
- The new applicant will then need to read the instructions and guidelines that are stated on the portal and fill in the details with utmost care and sincerity.
- The applicant will receive an ID of the application along with a password on the number that the applicant has registered.
- After the applicant has received the registration ID and password on the registered number, she will log in to the portal using the same ID and password to fill the Pragati Scholarship form.
- After filling the Pragati Scholarship form, the applicant will be asked to change the password, which happens to be a mandatory step.
- The applicant will again need to fill a form, i.e. scholarship application form.
- The applicant will now need to scan all the required documents that have been mentioned in the National Scholarship Portal and upload them.
- The new applicant can then submit the application form.
Scholarship amount (Reward) – ₹50,000
Also, read Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana and its benefits.
Documents that are asked by the authorities are mandatory while providing the scholarships to the students. Therefore, the students need to collect and keep all these required documents with the utmost care as the Pragati scholarship application cannot be completed without these documents:-
- The Marksheet of Class 10th.
- The Marksheet of Class 12th.
- The certificate of the annual income of a family of the previous year in a format that should be prescribed by the Tehsildar or authority above that.
- The admission letter has been issued by the concerned authority.
- The receipt of the fess that has been paid for the academic year.
- The passbook of the bank account is linked with the Aadhaar card and shows the applicant’s name, account number, a photo that has been pasted after being duly signed by the manager.
- The certificate that has been issued by the principal or the head of the department in a format prescribed.
- The applicant needs to attest to the caste certificate, which is applying under the ST/SC OR OBC.
- Aadhar Card.
- One passport size photo.
- Signature by the applicant.
The Process of Selection:
The selection process of the Pragati scheme is very easy to understand. The candidates are selected based on the basis of the number of students enrolled under SC/ST/OBC. The students who belong to the category of Scheduled Caste get 15% reservation, the students who belong to Schedule Tribe get 7.5% reservation, and the students who belong to Other Backward Class get 27% of reservation in their category. Similarly, 50.5% of seats are given to the rest of the students who are eligible under this Pragati Scholarship Scheme.
Therefore, the girl students should try their best to apply for this scheme as this scholarship will open many doors of opportunities for the children. The girl students who have entered the institutes by the management quota are not eligible for this scheme. The girl students will receive the money through the DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) and will not need to run to different banks for the money of the scholarship.