How to plan a Honeymoon in India? Just keep in mind the following things, and you won’t be having any problem with the planning. Plan together, read reviews, fix a budget, compare, choose nice accommodation over popular ones, pack light, plan surprises, and be prepared to capture a lot of pictures and keep it a little adventurous, you can try adventure sports. Honeymoon packages sometimes can be very costly and not worth it. Hence, consider reading How to have great Tourist Experience in India at a low budget? If you are actually interested in adventure sports, read the following article: If you are actually interested in adventure posts, have a look at the Places in India where one can enjoy Adventure Sports. In case you are looking for light adventures like hiking, have a look at the Best Hiking Places in India! Quick Guidance for Hiking.
Where are the honeymoon places in India? The best places for honeymoon in India can be anything where you can see beautiful mountains, i.e. hill stations, clean beaches/seashore, beautiful royal palaces, huge historical monuments, or a simple outing with your partner in a quiet location in a nice hotel suite.
What is the best honeymoon in India? The best depends on your interest and budget. If you like mountains you can go for J & K, if you like beaches you can go for Andaman & Nicobar, if you like partying, cruises and bars you can go for Goa, if you like religious places you can go for Rishikesh, if you like nature you can go for Ranthambore National park, if you want beauty and clean nature with rainfall go for North-east, if you just want a peaceful time with your partner, go to a nice hotel and book a decent suite.
Which city is best for a honeymoon in India? Crowded and polluted cities are usually not very good for honeymoons. Still, one can visit cities like Srinagar, Panji, Jaipur, Udaipur, and some other small cities or towns to enjoy your time.
Top 10 destinations where you can go for your honeymoon in India are:
1. Andaman (Andaman & Nicobar Islands):
These are a group of about 300 islands widely known for their palm-lined, white-sand beaches, mangroves, and tropical rainforests. Coral reefs here support marine life including sharks, and Rays making it popular for diving and snorkelling. Some of these islands are closed for the visitors, but there is still too much one can explore. The best time to visit these is summers. It is suggested to chose a honeymoon package, especially if you chose this destination as the places are not familiar to the people at all and people living there have quite different habits.
Honeymoon packages in India Andaman:
- Exotic Honeymoon in Havelock with water activities: 5 Days & 4 Nights, Price – 21,400 Rs.
- Andaman Honeymoon Package with Dinner Cruise: 6 Days & 5 Nights, Price – 23,850 Rs.
- Romantic Andaman Tour with Candle Light Dinner – 6 Days & 5 Nights, Price – 27,990 Rs.
- Andaman Honeymoon Tour with Beachside Stay: 6 Days & 5 Nights, Price – 26,280 Rs.
Surf the internet, and you will get thousands of options from which you can choose according to your budget and your needs. In case you are going on your own do you can visit the following places – Long Island, Baratang Island, Rangat, Mayabunder, Diglipur island, Barren island, Cinque land, Little Andaman island, Campbell Bay, and Neil island.
It is a really nice place to visit for your honeymoon. If you are interested in royal forts and want to spend time in expensive hotels/resorts in decent suites, you must visit Udaipur. If you are interested in history and want to visit forts, you can go for Kumbhalgarh. Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, and Ajmer are also decent places for both these things. Apart from that the best for Rajasthan has for a honeymoon in Mount Abu. The beautiful hill station is just perfect for your pocket and is a very peaceful place. It has a lot of Jain temples as well. The best time to visit Mount Abu is between November and March. Just 2-3 days here are enough to enlighten your trip, and later you can go to other destinations within Rajasthan. There are a lot of luxurious trains in Rajasthan one can enjoy travelling and sightseeing.
Best honeymoon packages for Rajasthan:
- The Grand Golden Triangle & Ranthambore: 5 Nights, Price – 16,999 Rs.
- Heritage of Agra and Jaipur to Bharatpur sanctuary: 4 Nights, Price – 10,000 Rs.
- Agra and Jaipur self-drive – Ex Delhi: 3 Nights, Price – 12,999 Rs.
- 3 Nights to Jaipur & Agra by own car: 3 Nights, Price – 6,999 Rs.
3. North India:
There are a lot of destinations to visit in North India, and enjoying each place takes time. So, one cannot visit all the locations of the North in a single honeymoon. Hence, you can choose 1-3 from the following best ones – Srinagar, Kullu, Manali, Shimla, Leh, Ladakh, Mussoorie, Nainital, Jammu, Kashmir, Agra, Rishikesh, Auli, Kasauli, Dharamshala, Khajjiar, Dhanaulti, Chamba, Jimm Corbett National Park, etc.
Honeymoon in August India: Spiti and Ladakh part of North India and one of the most famous honeymoon destinations in gets snow-covered in the 4 months around winter. Hence, August happens to be the most pleasant time to visit North India.
Best honeymoon packages for North India :
- A Weekend in Gulmarg – Standard: 2 Nights, Price – 10,896 Rs.
- Delhi & Agra Sojourn: 2 Nights, Price – 8,250 Rs.
- Beautiful Srinagar & Gulmarg with Sonmarg Trip – Honeymoon Special: 5 Nights, Price – 15,600 Rs.
- Sarthak Resort, Manali – Volvo: 4 Nights, Price – 6,499 Rs.
Its coastlines are stretching along the Arabian Sea. It is well known for its beaches and western lifestyle. November to April is the peak tourist season at Goa, hence October, March and April are the best months to visit Goa for your honeymoon. The best places to visit in Goa are beaches (Butterfly, Velsao, Calangute, Anjuna, Candolim, Sinquerim, Palolem, Betul, Bogmalo, Agonda, and Ashwem), waterfalls (Harvalem, Dudhsagar, and Bamanbudo), islands (Grand, Chorao, Pequeno), forts (Chapora, Sinquerim, Mormugao, Tiracol), other places (Thalassa, Riverside – The Leela, Fiesta, Go with the flow, Tuscany Gardens, Waterfront Terrace, Antares, A Reverie, The Fisherman’s Wharf). It is suggested to enjoy on Goa beaches without packages. Some packages may be cheaper so you can try them though.
Best honeymoon packages for Goa:
- Romantic Goa Holiday: 3 Nights with flight, Activities & Transfer Honeymoon Packages, Price – 22,024 Rs.
- Romantic Goa Weekend with a Personal Photoshoot Honeymoon Packages: 3 Nights, Price – 14,219 Rs.
- Goa Holiday in a Pool Villa Honeymoon Packages: 3 Nights & 4 Days, Price: 9,606 Rs.
- A Getaway to Goa at Taj Hotels: 3 Nights & 4 Days, Price – 30,674 Rs.
Also, read Best Beaches to visit in Goa with your Family and Loved ones.
Here you will get a variety of places to visit for your honeymoon. Some places nice to visit for your honeymoon in Gujarat are – Saputara (The only hill station of Gujarat), Diu (Beach, apart from Daman Diu is the only place in Gujarat where alcohol is legal), Junagadh (has a lot of beautiful historical monuments), Gir (Experience wildlife and Mother Nature’s wonder here), Somnath (Pilgrim City). Apart from all these the best place In Gujarat for your honeymoon is Kutch. This has a great heritage. One must definitely visit this place once in a lifetime.
Best honeymoon packages for Gujarat:
- Somnath Dwarka Darshan: 5 Nights, Price – 12,500 Rs.
- Colours of Gujarat: 6 Nights, Price – 20,750 Rs.
- Kutch 03Nts Package: 4 Days & 3 Nights, Price -12,871 Rs.
- Kutch 02Nts Packages: 3 Days & 2 Nights, Price – 9,393 Rs.
6. North – East:
The most beautiful, untouched, underrated, and peaceful part of India is the North-east. Some places to visit in North-east are – Gangtok, Yuksom, Lachung, Pelling, Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Guwahati, Kaziranga, Shillong, Tawang, Ravangla, Haflong, Majuli, Dazukou Valley, Ziro Valley, and many more. One must also visit Cheerapunji and Mawsynrum. Both these places receive the 2nd highest and the highest rainfalls across India, respectively. Hiring a tour guide for these places will be great. Also, honeymoon packages are a nice option. For this one, it is suggested to plan a trip of at least 5-10 days. The best time to visit North-East and specifically Darjeeling is December. Also read the 10 Beautiful Places and Festivals to Visit in North East India with Family, Friends and Loved Ones for more options.
Best Honeymoon packages for North-East India:
- 6 Days in Guwahati and Shillong with CherapunjiExcursion Honeymoon Packages: 6 Days & 5 Nights, Price – 24,964 Rs.
- Splendid North-East – Pelling Special (Value added holiday) Honeymoon Packages: 6 Days & 5 Nights, Price – 31,071 Rs.
- Incredible Darjeeling & Gangtok Honeymoon Packages: 6 Nights & 7 Days, Price – 30,943 Rs.
- FREEBIE Inside! – Romance In North East – Soulmate Special: 4 Nights & 5 Days, Price – 35,988 Rs.
7. South India:
It is great. Especially for North-Indians, you will find a great cultural diversity here. Some of the best places in South India to visit for your honeymoon are – Kovalam (Relaxed place), Varkala (Popular), Bekal (Picturesque), Alleppey (Backwaters), Puducherry (Beaches), Kanyakumari (Sunsets), Gokarna (Adventure), Ooty (Hill station), Hampi (History) and many more. It is suggested to hire a guide here at these places who can tell you everything about the places.
Best honeymoon packages for South-India:
- Honeymoon Special Munnar: 3 Nights, Price – 12,999 Rs.
- A holiday to Tirupati & Pondicherry : 3 Nights, Price – 15,999.
- Splendid Mysore Ooty Honeymoon Special: 3 Nights, Price – 15,999 Rs.
- Honeymoon Special Munnar and Allepey: 3 Nights, Price – 12,999 Rs.
The state holds a substantial portion of the Deccan Plateau. Some of the best places to visit for your Honeymoon in Maharashtra are – Karnala (Hill Station & Bird Scantury), Matheran (Sightseeing, Romantic Outwalks), Khandala (Sightseeing, Lush green Valleys), Lonavala (Hill station, Adventure sports), Alibaug (Historical forts & watersports), Kamshet (Photoshoot, Paragliding), Aambey (Modern Valley, Zorbing), Dahanu (Clean beaches & greenery), Pune (A lot of leisure spots), Nashik (Wine tasting tours & wine-related activities), Mahableshwar (Hill station, the strawberry festival in May) and many more. Mahabaleshwar is usually visited by along with Panchgani. In Maharashtra, you have a lot of places to visit. You may not need a tour guide or packages here. If you are planning to visit Mumbai too (which is actually a nice place to visit), also Best shopping places in Mumbai: Shop best at a cheaper rate.
The best honeymoon packages for Maharashtra are:
- Mahabaleshwar Honeymoon Package: 3 Nights & 4 Days, Price – 13,500 Rs.
- Adore the grace delightful spirit of Lonavala: 2 Nights & 3 Days, Price – 10,500 Rs.
- Cherish love in the hill stations of Maharashtra: 4 Nights & 5 Days, Price: 18,500 Rs.
- Panchgani Honeymoon Package: 2 Nights & 3 Days, Price – 9,999 Rs.
It is a tropical archipelago of 36 atolls & Coral Reefs in the Laccadive Sea. Not all of these are inhabited or open for the visitors, but the rest are worth visiting. Some places to visit for your honeymoon at Lakshwadeep are Agatti Island (Snorkelling), Bangaram Island (Scuba Diving), Kadmat Island (Fishing), Kavaratti Island (Coconut Mangroves), Kalpeni Island (Architectural wonders), Minicoy Island (Aquatic Life). It is suggested to hire a tour guide or chose a honeymoon package.
Best honeymoon packages for Lakshwadeep:
- Goa Lakshwadeep Cruise: 4 Nights & 5 Days, Price (Per person on twin sharing) – 34,990 Rs.
- Mumbai Lakshwadeep Cruise: 4 Nights & 5 Days, Price (Per person on twin sharing) – 34,990 Rs.
- Lakshwadeep Cruise Package 2020: 5 Days & 4 Nights, Price – 43,750 Rs.
- Lakshwadeep Package from Bangalore: 5 Days & 4 Nights, Price – 14,800 Rs.
10. West Bengal:
The best place to visit here is Sunderbans. It is a Mangrove area in the delta. It Is in the Bay of Bengal. It expands from West Bengal to Bangladesh. It is the UNESCO World Heritage Centre. Some of the other places to visit in West Bengal are Mandarmani (Fishing Village), Raichak (Riverside), Ajodhya Hills (Scenery), Shankarpur (Sunsets), and many more. There are hardly any packages for this one, and it is suggested to visit these places on your own, and for Sunderbuns one may hire a guide or go by yourself.
NOTE: All the prices and details of the packages mentioned in the article may vary.
Honeymoon in India during lockdown: During the lockdown, one cannot leave from home. However, there are certain things one can do. Go to a nice hotel/suite. As far as you stay inside the hotel, there is no problem. One can always go to a farmhouse and enjoy quality time alone.